Babingtons Blends Reconfirms Its Commitment to Sustainabili-tea
Our Sustainabili-tea Promise To You
At Babingtons Blends we are as serious about our teas as we are about contributing to sustainable and ethical practices.
We've tried to answer a few common questions regarding how we're incorporating our sustainabilitea practices into our business infrastructure, whilst you enjoy a fantastic cup of tea.
How are Babingtons Blends picked and sourced?
Most teas are picked by hand and all of our ingredients are carefully sourced from trusted suppliers; and are hand blended and packed in the UK.
1. All ingredients can be traced back to source.
2. All suppliers are screened, with thorough documenting of their processes and audited where deemed necessary.
3. Over 130 tea and herbal estates around the world have been visited (many of which we source from on-going), to ensure they have a good understanding of working practices in the main growing countries.
4. All new batch ingredients are visually screened and tasted on delivery and batch samples are kept for twice the shelf life.
5. All ingredients are SALSA approved (Safe and Local Supplier Approved) and follow EU food laws/regulations
1. Tea can't be grown en masse in the UK/Europe. All Babington teas are therefore sustainably sourced and hand blended in the UK, using quality products. No dust, no fannings.
2. The Blends are 100% natural; no additives including artificial colourings or flavourings
3. All packaging is either biodegradable or recyclable; the boxes, the tins, the pouches, the inner cello bags, and the pyramid filters.
Enjoy the finest blends knowing they are good for you as well as the planet.